Samvaad Institute of Speech and Hearing is an academic, clinical and research institute located at Hebbal, Bangalore. The Institute was established in 2005 with the objectives of training professional in the field of speech and hearing and provide services to people with speech and hearing disabilities. The institute is affiliated to Bangalore University and is recognized by Rehabilitation Council of India. GSM Education Trust manages the activities of the Institute. Managing Trustee, Mrs. Radhika Poovayya, an experienced Speech Language Pathologist is the Director of the Institute. She has completed her 3yr term as member of the Governing Council of the Rehabilitation Council of India and the expert committee for training program in Speech & Hearing. She runs a Speech Language Rehabilitation centre in Domlur 2nd stage and is a consultant at HOSMAT Hospital, Bangalore.
Samvaad is registered with the Dept. of Women and Child Development, Govt. of Karnataka.
Samvaad Foundation oversees the Social Service activities of Samvaad Institute. Some of the activities' conducted are:
- Pre school for children with hearing impairment
- AVT for children with cochlear implants
- Neuro rehab centre for stroke and other neuro communication disorders
- Infant screening at local hospitals
- School for children with autism
To be a World Class Institution that provides
- Excellent Education in Speech & Hearing science and
- Comprehensive Rehabilitation of Communication disorders.
- To prepare students, through Under Graduate & Post Graduate courses in Speech & Hearing, to become world class professionals by providing sound theoretical knowledge and excellent clinical training.
- To establish the institute as a reputed centre for excellent diagnostic and rehabilitation services by providing professional and individualized care.
This video was shot in 2007. Latest video will be live soon.